22/05/2017

Pictures from Partizan

An unexpected bit of luck. On my way back from holiday my wife agreed to a diversion to Newark so I could attend the Partizan show for the morning. Just as well as the L&L stand was short handed. But I still managed to have a good look around in the time available to me.

Picture of things that interested me (in no particular order)

Blitzkrieg Miniatures - Ardennes - maintaing my interest in snowy scenery


Their desert game ( a rather strange mix for the desert, especially the Sexton)


Bunker Hill 1775


Nice to see the Light Infantry "sneaking" along the shore


Charlestown a bit to close to the action


ECW (1)


ECW (2), where I would have liked time to watch how the game progressed


SYW with the lovely Crann Tara Miniature, shame they are 28mm




The Perry's lovely Egypt 1801 game


Inspiring stuff, I must get back to the period again


And build some limber teams, both camel and horse drawn in 20mm






ECW(3) Inverlochy


Poles v's Swedes - lovely figures but the cloth destroys the whole effect (compare this with the Sudan game later)


I have played some of these actions, and I'll be reworking my Poles in due course


Nice German Mercenaries (maybe a use for my leftover TYW figures)


Dresden 1813 - again a game I'd have liked the time to watch how it worked out.


The Grosser Garten is a nice piece of scenery.


League of Augsburg's impressive game.


Lots of ideas for eastern European scenery


Maybe some more animated wagons?


Or maybe an artillery park




Cambrai 1917 - lovely to see the tanks breaking out into the green fields


Lots of eye candy


Sudan 1890 - along with the Perry's the most impressive game at the show.


The printed rippling sand cloth is just right (apparently the 12 x 6 cloth cost £150!!!)


A reminder that I need to make a thorn bush "zariba" (and maybe the ballon


And a track section under construction


Finally the classic wargame of the show - clothes pegs french & Indian war. The great thing was they were showing the kids how to make/paint them.


Overall, it was a great show to visit, and the journey home was not as long as expected, so maybe I'll make the trip again another year

1 comment:

DaveD said...

Great pictures