29/06/2015

Preparing for Ligny 1815 - French Cavalry

It took a while but I've rebased all the remaining French cavalry needed for the game.

Chasseurs a Cheval (Domon's division) I'll be using three of the four units, On the left my old Airfix version and to the right from HaT


My Guard heavy cavalry, all four units will be used. Front left Hinton Hunt Gendarmes d'elite, rear Grenadiers a cheval (a mix of HH and Newline). Right front is Hat's version of the Grenadiers backed up by the Empress Dragoons from Italeri.


Hussars (Soult's division) again only three units will be used. All Airfix with head swaps, etc. On the left the 11th Hussars and on the right the 1st and 2nd Westphalian Hussars


Finally the lancers (Subervie's division) yet again only three units will be used in the game. On the left Esci Vistula Legion lancers and on the right Hat 3rd and 5th Line Lancers.

4 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

A formidable array of French Horse!

Archduke Piccolo said...

A formidable array of French Horse!

Stryker said...

Very nice Will. I've recently painted some of those HH guard cavalry myself and it's nice to see some mixed in with plastics - a surprisingly good fit!

Sun of York said...

Good looking units. I'm currently rebased some old figures for use in a Waterloo game. Exciting times.