07/05/2013

25,000 and counting – part 2

Now for the breakdown of my 20mm stuff by type:

Unit Type
Total
Infantry(I)
18,163
Cavalry(C)
3,885
Gunners(G)
1,729
Other figures(O)
621
Riders (of vehicles/limbers etc.)(R)
459
Pioneers/Engineers(P)
144
Total figures
25,001


Tanks & AFVs(T)
543
Artillery pieces(A)
485
Soft Skin Vehicles(V)
364
Limbers(L)
148
Wagons(W)
74
Aircraft(F)
38
Equipment(E)
30
Boats & Ships(S)
30
Grand Total
26,713

It was quite a shock when I saw how many tanks and AFVs I had, they are only added in small numbers, but they have certainly built up over the years.

The coding has changed somewhat as part of my checks last year on my Excel database. I created a single database rather than the set of individual spreadsheets. “Riders” is a very dubious category as it clearly includes limber riders, and quite a few of the newly added vehicle passengers, but it certainly doesn’t include all the vehicle drivers. So that’s a task for whenever I get armies out for a review.

I'm also considering extending the coding and including all my terrain so I've got a single inventory.

4 comments:

El Senyor Verd said...

That's a lot of work. I am impressed!
Best Regards,
Pep

Sander said...

oh an I wish I could keep up with such a record as well! kudos dude!

Millsy said...

Staggering!

Mike said...

It's great that you not only have 25,000 figures, but that you can document it. If you bought them in boxes of 50, that's 500 boxes!
Well done! Happy VE Day!