27/10/2012

Fun with basing?? ACW dismounted cavalry

As I had gained some extra dismounted ACW figures to boost my collection I decided to mix them in with the older figures and then distinguish each "unit" by giving them a distinctive base.

The overall collection, only one unit of each side has standard basing.


The wheatfield, using coir matting cut into chunks, the hardest part was thinning down the base.


Fenceline, not full height as the figures are quite low


Cabbage patch, an astroturf sample. I'll use some more to make some fields as it will be easy to move figures across.

Figures are a mix of various plastics with a number of old Jacklex figures bought from the Harrow Model Shop many years ago.

1 comment:

Archduke Piccolo said...

Far out! I find these impressive and imaginative both. My own 'dismounted cavalry' are really Airfix infantry figures on individual bases. Only the yellow facings (and kepis in the Csa case) indicate that they are not infantry.

But there is a lot to be said for the system you have here: a base for any occasion (and reasonably economical on figures as well)!
Cheers,
Ion