26/03/2012

Russian tank riders

Took a while working out how I could use the Hat tank riders, there are two main problems, firstly the figures at at the large end of 1/72 and they have a lot of equipment/packs, this makes them difficult to position in some vehicles, especially the smaller ones such as Jeeps. In the end I managed to find 6 suitable figures that would fit in my SU76's and decided to base the rest in modules to fit into my Gaz trucks

The finished modules, typical that the one mis-aligned barrel would be at the front



All mounted up and ready for action.

4 comments:

Greg said...

This is a brilliant idea. I was thinking of using Hat tank riders to fill my trucks as well. This way one could free up the trucks for other types of scenarios.

kingsleypark said...

Great idea and well executed!

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

What a corking idea and so well presented.

Anonymous said...

Excellent work, and a clever use of these figures! Would love to see a close-up of the SU76s with crews in as I have been thinking of using these figures for crews as well.